Friday, December 17, 2010

You Did It!

I finished my fifth semester of college today. That means that I only have 3 to go, and I'm a teacher. Holy Moly. I'm excited to start that chapter of my life, and see what God has planned for me; but, right now I'm going to live up this last year and a half I have to be a college student - to stay up late, eat whatever and whenever I want, spend money that I don't have, not shower for 2 or 3 days and get by, and to live with my best friends.
Tomorrow (or I guess today, since it's 1 AM), two of my roommates are graduating. I know that God planned our meeting and for events to unfold as they did. I have no doubt in my mind that the four of us who lived in 5001, #2 were supposed to be together. We have had the most laughs I think any apartment on campus could have between just the 4 roommates being together.

We chose - on many nights - to stay in on the weekends to be together rather than go out and see other people. My favorite place was sitting in our cozy living room or around the kitchen table just talking about life and laughing together. We truly had a perfect living situation.
As they graduate, I have bittersweet feelings. I know that they are such amazing nurses and so capable of going out into the real world and really affecting the lives of the people they help, but I don't want them to leave. One off to Cali (because she's "so Cali") and the other to the mountains of Washington (but she'll be back soon enough).
They're 2 of the best friends I've ever had, and I love them so much. So, B & E - this one's for you! Congratulations on graduating!  I love you and I hope for the very best in your future. Thanks for a semester that I'll never forget.
 

love,
chels.

Oh, and J - I love you, too, but you get to stick it out with me for these next 3 semesters. Good thing I'm the funny one. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment