Monday, February 21, 2011

Weather.

I think the recent weather has completely confused my body.

In the past 3 months, I have gone from freezing cold Chicago/MN weather, to 70/80s in Zambia, to freezing cold Chicago, back to MN (where it's even colder than Chicago), to some nice Spring-like weather here in Chicago, where all I needed was a light jacket (the perfect day, right?), to Michigan where my teeth chattered in the car, to rain in Chicago. In respective order, are pictures of these events. Notice the huge range of jackets and bundled-upness of myself. Jeepers.


Not sure if you can see the scarf, but I was definitely bundled. And confused, based on the fact that I'm drinking an iced coffee.


This is in Zambia - on one of the last nights. Definitely in summer mode with my jorts and hat.

Back to Chicago! Bundled and freezing. (This is probably before Zambia, but you get the idea that it was cold..)

Then I went to MN, where I went snowmobiling for so long that I could hardly feel my toes.
Just this past week, I wore this jacket. It's a Spring jacket.

This is from 2 years ago, but it gets me excited to be on a beach again. Eh, Cayo Costa.

What is with this weather??

I will be the first to admit that I love snow. I love rain. I love leaves falling. I love sun. I really do enjoy every season, but this messed up switching and overlap has caused me to have a cold for weeks. My nose is constantly running, and it's one of those where when I look down to take notes in class, it runs worse than when I'm just looking straight ahead.

I'm glad that Chicago now has rain, rather than snow, because I've gotten a glimpse of Spring and it makes me very excited to start tossing a Frisbee outside, rather than in a humid hot-box called Helwig.

This preview to Spring also gets me very stoked for Spring Break, which is in approximately 18 days. I'll be heading down to Florida to go camping on an island called Cayo Costa. I'm excited to be in swimsuits and sundresses every day, I just really hope this Rudolph nose goes away by then.

Enjoy whatever weather you have today.
love love.
Chels.

No comments:

Post a Comment